Sinner sets and cookware come in a wide variety of materials with stainless steel being the preferred choice for many. In this article, features and benefits of dinnerware made of stainless steel are discussed.
You are at your friend’s house for dinner. What immediately catches your eye is the glossy and elegant looking stainless steel dinner set. And then the blend of spices and rich aroma brewing in a pot will have an overpowering essence which will give you an experience to remember. To serve this magic, every household requires the right set of dinnerware.
Walk into any modern kitchen or a well-known restaurant, you will be greeted by stainless steel cookware and utensils.
So if they are found everywhere, let’s find out why with 5 reasons:
1. Easy Maintenance. After a hearty meal, the end result will always be dirty utensils. The advantage that stainless steel has over other types of cookware and utensils is that it can be washed in a dishwasher, it can bear scrubbing with a steel wool and also it is abrasive resistant from the chemicals of dishwashing liquids.
- Durability. Steel being a tough metal is able to handle the dents and dings of daily wear and tear. Chipping and rusting is unheard of in stainless steel. Even less than average care can keep them going for a lifetime.
- Appearance. A brand new shiny stainless steel dinner set is an asset to a household. If kept with proper care and maintenance, stainless steel items retain their sheen for a very long time. So even after dining the household for a decade or even after being passed down to generations, after every wash, it will look as good as new.
- Cost. This is a factor which every household, restaurant considers. Good quality stainless steel cookware is a little expensive as compared to cheaper alternatives, but the extra cost involved outweighs every other material in the long run.
- Non-Reactive with Foods. Stainless steel does not leach into the food which is being served in it. Dinnerware made out of other elements or inferior quality, have the tendency to affect the taste or flavor of the food. But stainless steel is a tried and tested material for cookware, cutlery and dinner sets.
Hence there is no trace of any foreign element except the love and flavor which has gone into the dish.
Here are two tips to consider before purchasing a stainless steel dinner set:
*Heat Transfer- Always keep in mind that stainless steel is a poor conductor of heat, without a base of bonded aluminum or copper, heat conductivity will be less, means it will be less efficient. So ensure that the product which you are buying, has an aluminum or copper base.
*Quality- Many consumers believe in the magnet test. A magnet is stuck to the steel to check if it sticks or falls. If it sticks, steel is there and it is safe, if it falls, then it is unsafe due to excessive nickel. Disregard any advice supporting this theory. Simply read what is written on the box or brochure, if it says 18/10 or 18/08, that means it is the best quality of stainless steel which money can buy.
*Know what you are buying- Searching for stainless steel dinner sets online is pretty easy. But finding quality products are very difficult unless you are aware. It is always better to know the brands which are giving the best quality and value for your money.
It is easy to buy off the shelf or place on order online. But after reading this article and armed with the right set of knowledge, buying what is value for money, will be the easiest!