If you’re attempting to hire a local plumber to facilitate repairs or refurbishments around your property, it’s in your best interests to conduct some research before you let just anyone into your home or business. Shown below is a tried and true step-by-step guide to help you stay focused during your investigative efforts.
Step One: Your Plumber of Choice Must Be Accredited
By law, all plumbing and gas professionals must be listed on the Gas Safe Register, which is why it’s so important to ensure that your preferred contractor is certified and endorsed by this official UK listing. Simply look for the yellow triangle on the plumbing firm’s homepage and then cross-reference the company’s ID number with the official Gas Safe Register website.
Step Two: Critically Assess the Firm’s Suite of Services
Next, you’ll want to turn your attention towards the plumber’s documented aptitudes and proficiencies, especially if your plumbing needs are a bit more extensive and far-reaching. In this regard, you should refer to the theoretical suite of services shown below as a blueprint during your research:
- Inclusive plumbing services ranging from installing new bathroom fixtures all the way to resolving gas leaks
- Comprehensive boiler installations, repairs and maintenance
- Heating, cooling, and ventilation (HVAC) servicing
- Drainage specialty, including pipework, blockages, and replacements
Step Three: Separate the Contenders from the Pretenders
Lastly, you’ll want to focus on the often overlooked aspects of today’s Barking plumbers to help you pick the best local contractor:
- Family-owned business
- Fully insured
- Emergency response within one hour
- Inclusive guarantee on all work performed
With this helpful checklist at your disposal, you’re more than ready to pick the perfect plumber!